New Girton High School Building

Mrs. Silla Naval Ardeshir grand niece of Bachoobai Moos and daughter of Sorab Nanabhoy Moos gradually made the school into a Trust, registered with the Charity Commissioner No.C 370 (Bombay) on 31st March 1951. A Foundation stone for the new building of Girton was laid in 1970 by Mr. Nani Palkhiwala an eminent jurist and a well known Constitutional lawyer. In June 1975 the old school was shifted to the new school at Sleater Road. Mrs. Silla Ardeshir is the only link with the Founder Miss Bachoobai and a witness to many events that took place from Then to Now. A Special Message for Centenary Year. The publication of the very first issue of the school magazine “Quill Skill” gave an opportunity to the students to express themselves in prose, poetry, art and also gave the readers an idea of the talent which lies in our young budding pupils. She wished the Girtonians every success throughout their lives and urged them to live up to the School motto of “Courage, Simplicity and Honour”.


New Building :

Ground Floor to Fourth Floor

  • Ground Floor : School office, Kindergarten classes, Lotus Trust room for Trustees, beautiful garden with well equipped playground.

  • 1st floor : Primary School, Assembly hall, Counselling room

  • 2nd floor : Secondary section classrooms, Staff room, Dining hall with kitchen and well equipped pantry, Home Science Lab, Counsellor’s room.

  • 3rd floor : Secondary section classrooms, Science Laboratory, Computer Lab., Counsellor’s room.

  • 4th floor : which was extended in the early 1980’s. Vast spacious School Library, Art Room and Audio Visual room. Clean toilets on every floor.